Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » new rating system...

new rating system...

shagrugge
permalink   Sun, Jan 8, 2006 @ 6:03 AM
I rated a couple of tracks on the new rating system (ability to rate with stars listed under actual rating)…and thought it was great…until the third or fourth time then I got an “error on page” issue when rating a song and haven’t been able to rate a track since.

Maybe a browser shutdown and restart or reboot might fix this but just thought I would post about this error existing.

The new rating system will be great and probably make for alot more ratings being done. Rating by clicking on a button was cumbersome, whereas with this way you can listen to track and rate it while listening.
victor
permalink   Sun, Jan 8, 2006 @ 4:35 PM
wups.

what browser and platform are you on?
shagrugge
permalink   Sun, Jan 8, 2006 @ 4:43 PM
Quote: wups.

what browser and platform are you on?

I tried with both latest version of firefox and Internet Explorer…both had an “error on page” after rating a couple of tracks…I’m not sure where/how the rating variable values are being stored in the code, but that is where I would check.
victor
permalink   Mon, Jan 9, 2006 @ 10:21 AM
I only see problems when I try to do too many reviews too quickly (like a second apart), but even there, a refresh (F5) fixes that.

are you on a slow connection by any chance?

IE has a mode you could set.

“Tool” menu
“Internet Option” menu item
“Advanced” tab
‘Display a notificatin about every script error’ checkbox (in the list)

Check this option send me the detailed information you see there the next time it happens.

Thanks,
Victor
victor
permalink   Fri, Jan 13, 2006 @ 2:48 PM
hey shag, I keep trying to reproduce what you’re describing but couldn’t make it happen. If you see it again make sure to let me know.

Thanks!
VS
victor
permalink   Sat, Jan 14, 2006 @ 3:32 PM
huh.

There are three variations:

1) You have already rated it (or you’re not logged in) you should see one row of “filled in” stars and a rating number

2) No one has rated it, you should one row of “blank” stars with a “<< rate” caption next to it

3) Some one has rated it but not you: you should TWO rows of stars, the top one looks like (1) and bottom one looks like (2)

What are you seeing?

VS
victor
permalink   Sat, Jan 14, 2006 @ 3:43 PM
ah, two questions:

This ONLY happens when it hasn’t been previously rated, otherwise your ratings “take”?

What browser/platform are you on?

(I’m taking a break so sorry if I don’t reply right away)

VS
victor
permalink   Sat, Jan 14, 2006 @ 4:38 PM
dr.: I love ya.

Found it, fixed it.

This would also account for the troubles mentioned above.

(Now we’ll see what my “fix” broke ;)

VS