Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » TRACKBACKS & YOU!

TRACKBACKS & YOU!

SackJo22
admin
permalink   Sat, Jun 23, 2012 @ 9:59 PM
As you may know, ccMixter is one of the preeminent sources for music used by video makers world-wide — videos that get posted to youtube, vimeo, etc. In addition, ccMixter music regularly finds its way into productions/remixes and podcasts shared on sites other than ccMixter. We receive hundreds of trackback notification requests weekly. You may have even received such a trackback notification that one your tracks was used outside of ccMixter (which I always find exciting!).

When processing the trackback requests, the admins look to make sure the link is valid, but given the number of trackbacks we receive, right now we are simply not able to follow up on each trackback to ensure use complies with license terms. We do encourage you, however, that as the license-holder and creator of your work, to be proactive in ensuring license compliance when you receive a trackback — i.e. proper Attribution for you and all other contributors in your track as well as linking back to the song page at ccMixter.org. You may discover someone has used one of your tracks even without receiving a trackback, here again we encourage you to be proactive about helping educate folks about CC license compliance — remember, attribution is currency!

If you find that your work is not being used in accordance with the assigned CC license, please follow up with the person who posted the video or remix or podcast. I have had to reach out several times when tracks were not properly attributed, and I have found most people gladly make corrections to ensure proper attribution.
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Fri, Aug 17, 2012 @ 8:28 AM
I just processed a number of trackbacks and would like to remind you to please follow up with anyone who is not using your license properly. Thanks!