Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » Pluggy Plug Behind the Mask!

Pluggy Plug Behind the Mask!

spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Mon, Nov 8, 2010 @ 4:04 PM
I now begin Behind The Mask pluggy plugs! I plugged today with MCJ’s Abstract Vybe. I posted the audio on my facebook page. And I plan to keep plugging away, there are so many good mixes!

Who are you going to plug? Plug one and post it here.

Behind The Mask was off the Hook!

Thanks everyone!
SM
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Mon, Nov 8, 2010 @ 4:44 PM
I actually posted Snowflake’s It’s the Hour on my fb page yesterday. (I may have tweeted it too… .) But I’m still making my way through the playlist (I think I’m about halfway through)… I’ve been so darn busy with non-music related activities! I can’t wait to get home from work tonight so I can listen some more. I’m sure there will be more to plug!

permalink   spinningmerkaba Thu, Nov 11, 2010 @ 7:12 AM
You rock Sackjo22! Any new tracks you’ve discovered? I found captainstupidity’s track “ feather boots” last night. An interesting use of Fireproof’s drum samples.

permalink   Snowflake Thu, Nov 11, 2010 @ 7:13 AM
Shucks! Thanks so much! I’m honored. :)
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Thu, Nov 11, 2010 @ 7:17 AM
I’ve already mentioned Beatnik: Behind the Mask Vol I, but I figured I’d plug it here too. My goal is to curate one list per week until I include every track (remember, I am a musician and fall short of goals and dreams on a daily basis - hahah).

I’m really learning a lot about making themed playlists/compilations/albums. At least to my ears, songs next to one another almost sound differently than alone, or in a longer list. And that about 10-14 songs is a perfect length for a single listening session (perhaps this is why albums generally have an average of 12 songs or so?)

permalink   Subliminal Thu, Nov 11, 2010 @ 10:24 AM
I know that I might run the risk of sounding old-fashioned, but I still like the concept of an album opposed to individual songs (and ofcourse nothing beats a good concept album). That’s probably why I still collect my ccMixter-related remixes into (download) albums.
Admiral Bob
permalink   Thu, Nov 11, 2010 @ 9:34 AM
The Roots Behind the Mask - the jazzier side of the secret mixter.

permalink   Snowflake Thu, Nov 11, 2010 @ 2:50 PM
very cool playlist admiral. thank you!

permalink   spinningmerkaba Mon, Nov 15, 2010 @ 8:54 AM
Directions: Use Snowflake’s It’s The Hour as your alarm clock, then listen to Admiral
s playlist as you start the day. Repeat daily.
Clarence Simpson
permalink   Thu, Nov 11, 2010 @ 12:32 PM
It was admittedly self-serving but I posted Scomber’s Electric Lady SuperStar remix of me to my facebook page the other day.

On a side note I love the idea of these themed playlists.

permalink   ScOmBer Thu, Nov 11, 2010 @ 10:07 PM
Thanks CS. I’m honoured
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Tue, Nov 16, 2010 @ 12:28 PM
Check out The Mixin’ Kitchen 35 playlist