Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Calendar Girl on BBC / Release Party

Calendar Girl on BBC / Release Party

victor
permalink   Wed, May 21, 2008 @ 9:54 AM
From Tamara (aka Calendar Girl):
Quote: Dear Friends

It is with great pleasure that I can finally announce the release date of Calendar Songs Volume 1. You will be able to purchase this beautiful CD directly from www.calendarsongs.com on Monday 26th May. You will also be able to download individual tracks or the whole record from CD Baby and its associated download stores.

PHEW! What a journey it has been! I’d like to let you know more about the record but I’m putting my introduction to it together now which will go online on the 26 May also. BUT if you want a sneak peak at how the record was made you can read an in-depth interview with me on ccmixter.org NOW.

The past few months have been very busy as the record was being put together but there have been lots of great new mixes which you should check out, especially cag’s mix of the March song and Bento-Box’s pop-gaze mix of ‘December’. Calendar Songs also received it’s first radio play on Tom Robinson’s BBC 6 Music show. Tom played the fabulous A-Line mix of ‘December’ and also made us his Website of the Week!

Lastly I’d like to invite you all to the record release party which will be on Wednesday 4 June, upstairs at the Arts Theatre Club here in London, at 6 Great Newport Street WC2 from 7pm onwards. I will be performing some of the remixes live and there will be special guests, and video from Bec Stupak/Honeygun Labs and WorkNotPlay. If you can’t make it to London please join us in spirit and raise your glass to the future of this amazing project. I couldn’t have done it without YOU!

Lots of love from Calendar Girl x
AndreasF
permalink   Thu, Jun 5, 2008 @ 1:44 PM
Quote: fourstonesFrom Tamara (aka Calendar Girl):
Lastly I’d like to invite you all to the record release party which will be on Wednesday 4 June, upstairs at the Arts Theatre Club here in London, at 6 Great Newport Street WC2 from 7pm onwards. I will be performing some of the remixes live and there will be special guests, and video from Bec Stupak/Honeygun Labs and WorkNotPlay. If you can’t make it to London please join us in spirit and raise your glass to the future of this amazing project. x

I think now I know where ‘J’ recently met two internet friends for real. Something I dream of, too.