Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » The Old Dirty Bastard Remix Contest

The Old Dirty Bastard Remix Contest

HoodGrown
permalink   Mon, Apr 4, 2005 @ 2:55 PM
On the Dame Dash Music Group site is states:
<Download the acapella for "Dirty Dirty" and go to www.ccmixter.org to upload and/or download remixes and vote for your favorite version of the track.>

Where do I exactly upload this to?
ASHWAN
permalink   Tue, Apr 5, 2005 @ 8:06 PM
I DUNNO….I have heard rumors about this comp, and in fact GARLIC BREAD has just uploaded his remix to this site…i think there is a mix up in info though. i don’t think the accapella is for use under the creative commons agreement and so i think ccmixter will be pissed when they see this stuff on this site.
I would love to have a crack at remixing DIRTY DIRTY though, so if you hear more I would appreciate any info. cheers, ashwan
K9
permalink   Wed, Apr 6, 2005 @ 4:23 AM
i don’t get it, i thght they would have a separate site for the contest. I already have my mix done but i’m not sure were to upload it please fill me in.
teru
permalink   Thu, Apr 7, 2005 @ 4:56 PM
Found this.

http://www.billboard.com/bb...

There isn’t any mention of CC mixter. I don’t think entries at this site will be judged. I also don’t think it’s legal to upload the tracks here. Just want everybody to keep out of trouble. ; )
Matt Haughey
permalink   Thu, Apr 7, 2005 @ 9:24 PM
We should have info up next week about the upcoming contests. We’re still working out the details, so hang tight.
Cezary Ostrowski
permalink   Wed, Apr 13, 2005 @ 6:37 AM
Just read it carefully, no more, no less…..
http://dashmusicgroup.com/a...
dj brick city
permalink   Thu, Apr 14, 2005 @ 11:10 PM
when The Old Dirty Bastard Remix Contest starts?
to where can i uplode my rimix?
radius
permalink   Fri, Apr 15, 2005 @ 7:04 AM
I got two finished
peace
radius
admin
permalink   Fri, Apr 15, 2005 @ 7:10 AM
[grumble]

I’m told there are legal issues holding up the contest. This is understandable because they want to make sure everybody’s rights are protected in a proper way. It’s a drag but there’s not a whole lot we can do about it until the lawyers say it’s a "go."

http://ccmixter.org/forum/v...

[/grumble]

Peace,
Victor
radius
permalink   Fri, Apr 15, 2005 @ 7:15 AM
should i upload or wait??? thanks for your response
admin
permalink   Fri, Apr 15, 2005 @ 7:21 AM
I’m told by the lawyers: NO. As in: NO.

Do NOT upload any ODB remixes to this site

Peace,
Victor

radius
permalink   Fri, Apr 15, 2005 @ 7:32 AM
thanks.. glad i didnt
Bomber B
permalink   Thu, Apr 21, 2005 @ 2:42 AM
So… whats going on with this now then. Any idea of an actual start date coming through any time soon. Also, will the deadline be pushed back or remain as it is.
admin
permalink   Thu, Apr 21, 2005 @ 4:38 AM
Sorry about that but the site is ready to go — we’re still waiting to hear from the lawyers that they’ve cleared the rights to the song for the contest.

Not sure what it buys anybody to push the deadline back.

Peace,
Victor
Bomber B
permalink   Thu, Apr 21, 2005 @ 4:56 AM
No problem. If the deadline is pushed back then we still get the same amount of time to listen to whats being entered and know whether we are wasting our time or not haha. Thanks for the update anyway. This mix i’ve got is burning through my pocket though… itching to get heard.

easy geezers

Bomber B
Chuy
permalink   Sat, Apr 30, 2005 @ 2:29 PM
what do the little voices say at the end of hte chorus?

go crack the old D.???

or what? its been tripping me out, i cannot get what they are saying at the end.