Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Can I mix tracks under Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5?

Can I mix tracks under Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5?

CoffeeTrim
permalink   Sat, Mar 24, 2007 @ 10:08 AM
Greetings

I was wondering if it was possible to mix together tracks that are under Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5: I m asking that because I don t intend to create new remixed tracks with the forementioned works, I’d love to release a couple of mix session instead ( more or less an hour mix dj set).

I noticed that the Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 ( http://creativecommons.org/... ) doesn’t allow artists to bring out derivative works if the product is released under that license, is a dj set officially considered a derivate work?

Thank you in advance guys.

Cheers

Coffeetrim
teru
permalink   Sat, Mar 24, 2007 @ 2:45 PM
Covered here.

I’m only answering because I’m sure Admin here is tired of coming across as the bad guy. : )
teru
permalink   Sat, Mar 24, 2007 @ 2:55 PM
Admin- how about a “Licenses” section in the forums which links directly to
the above link?

permalink   victor Mon, Mar 26, 2007 @ 12:23 PM
it’s weird, seems like most people seem to know about the link and then post the question/answer anyway. done with good intentions I’m sure.

permalink   CoffeeTrim Thu, Mar 29, 2007 @ 9:01 AM
Dear Admins

I didn t know about the forementioned link before, that s why I posted on here.

Legal issues are indeed related to audio producing and releases, so despite they are OFFICIALLY not under CCMixter’s responsability, the first reaction of who has doubt about em is posting in this forum.

If I had created problems with my post, I am sorry for that, but I really didn t know what the policy was.

Cheers

Coffeetrim

permalink   victor Thu, Mar 29, 2007 @ 1:03 PM
not a problem, really, we’ll just keep linking folks to the proper resources that CC has set up.