Branching Out Secret Mixter Sign Ups
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » naming your mp3s?

naming your mp3s?

glenneroo
permalink   Thu, Mar 31, 2005 @ 11:37 PM
you guys should really learn to name your MP3s so that when we the listeners are enjoying these delightful tunes, we can actually find the music we’re listening to…

e.g. of what NOT to do (not picking on tero, just using as example) ::
disarmmp3.mp3

e.g. of what to do ::
tero - Destination Disarm.mp3

just a tip to be more "user-friendly". we live in a computer driven world where (hopefully) everybody has an OS (windows, macOS, Linux…) that supports long filenames. i mean, the ID3 info is half-way complete on most tracks i hear, why can’t ya’ll drop that nice ID3 info into the mp3? why the perverted, unreadable shortened track names?? must this be? :)

</rant> ;)
teru
permalink   Fri, Apr 1, 2005 @ 6:39 AM
A very valid point. I for one will be more careful in the future. Just for conversations sake, this is how it happens. I name my original WAV file correctly but when I convert to MP3 I have to use a different name. I then go back and change the name on the MP3 file (most of the time). Sometimes this last step gets missed. Uploading at 2 am doesn’t help either. I know this is no excuse but I will make an effort to name my files correctly in the future. Thanks for your comments. : )
glenneroo
permalink   Fri, Apr 1, 2005 @ 6:51 AM
Quote: A very valid point…
word!!! :) i know how the whole early-morning,time-crunched,copy, convert,rename,confusion, ahhhItsAlready2AM! thing goes… im in that boat almost everyday, but for me it’s somewhere between 3 and 5am *g*

thanks for takin the time to listen :)