Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » Sample/Pella Digging

Sample/Pella Digging

PorchCat
permalink   Sun, Oct 8, 2006 @ 9:59 AM
Two features to request actually. :-P

One, an option to go to the ‘last’ page of samples/pellas. I’d love for it to be easier to dig around for old stuff not used in a while that needs the dust blown off and a little love. (Tangent, I wonder how hard it would be to create the option to browse by the date of the most recent remix, instead of the sample’s upload date?)

Two, an option to browse samples/pellas that have yet to be remixed. Those lonely tunes need some love too.

Just a thought.

*meow*
victor
permalink   Sun, Oct 8, 2006 @ 10:26 AM
It’s a totally hidden otherwise undocumented feature but you can get part way there by starting at the extra/archive tab, click on a month like that gives you a address like media/archive/month/2005-01

Now start adding tags

media/archive/month/2005-01/acappella+melody

otherwise most of what you’re asking for will happen when I finish the ‘charts’ feature that lets you sort and filter uploads by date as well as number of times remixed

VS

permalink   PorchCat Sun, Oct 8, 2006 @ 10:38 AM
Oh rocking! That hidden feature will certainly sate my tastes for now!

Thanks for the ridiculously prompt reply!!!

*meow*
tacet
permalink   Sat, Feb 10, 2007 @ 3:48 PM
Not sure if this is the same topic or not, but here goes….

Is it possible, or can it soon become possible (please) to create some kind of bookmark or favorites pool?

I realize I could simply review things I like or rate things and trace back my steps, but it would be much more useful to me if I could mark samples I really like….in a “note to self” kinda way.

It would be cool to then be reminded of this pool of samples, maybe when I login as old age is making me urm…..urm……

permalink   victor Sat, Feb 10, 2007 @ 6:17 PM
at this point I would just use a playlist. It’s public and most of the samples with only zip files won’t play but really, it’s just like a list of uploads. I know it’s not ideal but does that work?

permalink   tacet Fri, Mar 9, 2007 @ 3:12 PM
Sorry for the delayed response - yeah, cool, that works in the meantime. :)