Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » attribution when files go away

attribution when files go away

Ran Dumb Dots...... .. .
permalink   Mon, Sep 18, 2006 @ 1:11 AM
not really a bug - a question: I’ve noticed that when I remix an upload from another artist and the upload is deleted, the attribution goes away…..Is this something that has been covered in the UI design such that it is desired? Alternatively (and more complex I’d think), the attribution could remain but the track listing would just be text instead of a link to the track. This issue kind of gets to the point that once a piece of art is licensed with cc sharealike, it must always be under that license, because who knows where it went, who has shared it, etc. One can change the license on a work, but only to a less restrictive license than the current one. Like I said, not an issue, really…more an observation. I noticed my Harri Bionic secret mixter upload wasn’t pointing to his files, and the reason why is he removed them….. .. .
victor
permalink   Tue, Sep 19, 2006 @ 4:57 PM
It doesn’t happen often but it happens.

I’ve been told, after people have deleted files, that they didn’t realize the attribution chain would be broken so I’ll be putting a special confirm message up for those cases and hopefully folks will be less likely to pull the delete trigger.