Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » sample packs

sample packs

pete and wally
permalink   Mon, Apr 10, 2006 @ 3:58 AM
It’s late so I may just be tired, but I can’t find links to sample packs for songs. I know they exist, that’s how I got the acapella for the one song I’ve posted. Is there some icon or section I’ve completely missed? thx for the help.

Stephen
victor
permalink   Mon, Apr 10, 2006 @ 11:18 AM
Not everybody uploads sample packs with their fully mixed uploads.

if they do, there are two ways they might have done it:

1) part of the upload - that means if you go to the upload’s main page (click on the link of the track) then you’ll see all the ancilliary uploads made for that track

2) as separate uploads - go to the artist’s main page (click on the artist’s page) and you’ll all the individual sample uploads there.

Hope that helps,
Victor
Ran Dumb Dots...... .. .
permalink   Mon, Apr 10, 2006 @ 9:11 PM
Is there a preferred approach? I think it would be most useful in the context of remixing to just have people upload the sample packs and have the fully mixed track be available secondarily under the pack upload for context if desired (kinda like we settled on that improv thing I uploaded). Maybe do away with non-derivative, sample-less fully mixed tracks altogether, except for pointers to more appropriate web sites. I know y’all are reworking this; is there anything that can be shared yet? Is there some ugly LDM or ERD on a white board in California for the new way(s) mixes, pell samples, loop samples, single-sound samples, other kinds of samples will interrelate eventually? One idea I had - it would be cool if Mixter#2 could post samples (not just remixes) derived from Mixter#1’s upload in a way that if someone used the sample it would still be attributed to Mixter#1. So for example, you could hang the pitch-corrected version of Blow this Scene off my upload, and then people could use that instead of my pitch-UNcorrected, hard-to-work-with, upload. Or, technically, philosophically, etc., should that BE "your" upload. Like that cool vocoded version of Language of my Reality by Click - I guess really it’s both of them…probably something to discuss elsewhere…sorry for all the ramble…Just some ideas…… .. .
victor
permalink   Mon, Apr 10, 2006 @ 11:49 PM
Quote: Is there a preferred approach?

no because it’s all going to change by the end of may.

and as of today: the whiteboard is blank.

VS