Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » The New York / New England Regional EDM Showcase

The New York / New England Regional EDM Showcase

EJG (aka Laerlooper)
permalink   Sun, Mar 12, 2006 @ 3:01 AM
This new podcast features electronic dance tracks from indie-musicians in upstate New York and western New England. The electronic music scene in this region is growing lately, and this show gives this area’s home-based producers a chance to showcase their work in an uncluttered atmosphere. The show is currently hosted through the Internet Archive/Ourmedia, and the artists are either using CC-licensing or have granted express permission for their songs to be promoted. Check it: http://mysite.verizon.net/v...
gurdonark
permalink   Mon, Mar 13, 2006 @ 9:37 PM
Quote: This new podcast features electronic dance tracks from indie-musicians in upstate New York and western New England. The electronic music scene in this region is growing lately, and this show gives this area’s home-based producers a chance to showcase their work in an uncluttered atmosphere. The show is currently hosted through the Internet Archive/Ourmedia, and the artists are either using CC-licensing or have granted express permission for their songs to be promoted. Check it: http://mysite.verizon.net/v...

sounds cool! Great to see regional CC stuff arising. I went to check it out, and have not yet figured out how to easily listen—but I’ll figure out something to drag that feed into, and figure it out eventually.
EJG (aka Laerlooper)
permalink   Tue, Mar 14, 2006 @ 1:44 AM
ITunes is the program I recommend for people to use when subscribing to the podcast, only because it’s so commonly found and because it’s pretty simple to explain. There are other programs too, such as "Juice". Same idea, but I’ll use iTunes for my eplanation:

Have iTunes running in one window, and have "Podcasts" highlighted in the left-hand "Source" pane. In another window, open the webpage I linked you to. On that webpage there’s a little orange icon with "RSS" on it. Simply left-click and drag that icon over into the iTunes window. That’s it! You’re subscribed, and the latest episode should start downloading automatically. Next to the name of the podcast, there’s a little black triangle-arrow thing. Left click on that, and all the previous episodes will show up with a little "Get" button next to them. Click that button to start downloading those episodes. These same instructions apply to any webpage offering a podcast, including the artist profile-pages here on ccMixter!