Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » How to change license

How to change license

Subhashish
permalink   Sun, Sep 9, 2018 @ 10:15 PM
I generally try to upload my works under a CC-BY 3.0 license but at times the default one (CC-BY-NC) gets applied. How do I change the license of an uploaded file?
Apoxode
admin
permalink   Mon, Sep 10, 2018 @ 1:04 AM
Quick answer: I don’t know (big help, right?) ;)

There’s either a way to do it, which I don’t know the link to, or you can’t at all. Either way, unpublish the upload in question before it gets incorporated into other works because you might have to delete it and resubmit it with the other license.

Don’t worry, unpublishing your stuff doesn’t delete it, and it can be republished later.

permalink   Subhashish Wed, Sep 12, 2018 @ 6:03 PM
Thanks Apoxode. It won’t be a damage or so if there is now way though. But, I’d prefer to change the licensing if possible.

permalink   Apoxode Fri, Sep 14, 2018 @ 12:55 PM
I think it will most likely not be an option because of the commercial aspect of licensing. There could be a negative impact on commercial remixes if the original artist changed their commercial license to non-commercial. That would make the remix non-commercial as well, and would affect any usage (ads, films, digital stores, etc). This is particularly tricky with multiple sources.

My best advice is to get into the habit of unselecting “Publish Now” in submit samples/remixes when you upload, because then you will more likely see the license selection. This is because by pressing ‘enter’ it will proceed to upload, even though you can’t see the area for license selection.