Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Changing from NC to attribution-only and creating zip files

Changing from NC to attribution-only and creating zip files

gurdonark
permalink   Thu, Feb 2, 2006 @ 8:14 PM
Two disparate topics—hope it’s okay to use one post.

How do I change all my "NC" licenses (which I used to use) to mere "by" attribution licenses, which I am more apt to use more often nowadays.

I used my zip file some time back to make a sample package,but then when I went to "grasp" it for upload in mixter, I couldn’t get mixter to grab the zip.
I use either winzip or, on a different computer, whatever MS is putting on nowadays for zipping.

Is there a piece of zip software that the Mixter
will recognize so that I can upload zips more easily.
I wish I could explain why the mixter upload won’t grab my zips, but I can’t, and hence the vague nature of the question.

Thanks in advance.
victor
permalink   Thu, Feb 2, 2006 @ 8:28 PM
Quote:
1. How do I change all my "NC" licenses (which I used to use) to mere "by" attribution licenses, which I am more apt to use more often nowadays.

Go to the song’s property page (‘Edit’ link from the song’s page), scroll down, it’s there.

BUT once you go Attr you can’t go back — at least not without completely re-uploading.

Quote: I used my zip file some time back to make a sample package,but then when I went to "grasp" it for upload in mixter, I couldn’t get mixter to grab the zip.

What message are you seeing? ‘Unknown format?’

WinZip should be fine, I have found the Windows internal zipping thing REALLY flaky and incompatible with third party utils.

VS
gurdonark
permalink   Sat, Feb 4, 2006 @ 3:12 AM
Quote:
What message are you seeing? ‘Unknown format?’

WinZip should be fine, I have found the Windows internal zipping thing REALLY flaky and incompatible with third party utils.

VS

thanks.

I don’t get a message. When I get to the part of the ccmixter form where I hit browse and "find" the thing I want to upload, then the browsing never will settle on the zip files, and thus can’t "grab" them. It only "sees" the files within the zip files.