Songs of the Season-Pells, Samples, Remixes
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » Contest with a $1,000.00 prize

Contest with a $1,000.00 prize

zotz
.
permalink   Sun, Jan 29, 2006 @ 9:26 PM
I am working on a contest that will have a $1,000.00 prize. (At least.)

The initial info can be found here:

Tings contest.

I have written two NaNoWriMo Novels now. One in 2004 and one in 2005.

The 2005 novel ‘Tings’ is up on Ourmedia.org under a By-SA license.

Three songs in that novel form the main basis of this contest.

More to follow. Questions welcome.

all the best,

drew
Gurdonark
admin
.
permalink   Thu, Feb 2, 2006 @ 11:10 PM
Quote: I am working on a contest that will have a $1,000.00 prize. (At least.)

The initial info can be found here:

Tings contest.

i have written two nanowrimo novels now. one in 2004 and one in 2005.

the 2005 novel ‘tings’ is up on ourmedia.org under a by-sa license.

three songs in that novel form the main basis of this contest.

more to follow. questions welcome.

all the best,

drew


Hi Drew.

I did Nanowrimo in 2002. It was fun! I’ll check out about your contest.
zotz
.
permalink   Fri, Feb 3, 2006 @ 7:13 AM
Quote:

Hi Drew.

I did Nanowrimo in 2002. It was fun! I’ll check out about your contest.


Cool, thanks. I have done it now for 2004 and 2005. I am looking to try and be an ML for 2006. (I must be crazy!)

How did you do in 02? Was it anyhting like you imagined going into it?

The 2004 effort, ‘Conch’ is being edited now, 2005, ‘Tings’ is up on Ourmedia with as a Creative Commons work. If you like it, please help me spread the word.

Do you think you might try NaNo again in the future?

all the best,

drew
Gurdonark
admin
.
permalink   Fri, Feb 3, 2006 @ 5:55 PM
Quote: Quote:

Hi Drew.

I did Nanowrimo in 2002. It was fun! I’ll check out about your contest.


Cool, thanks. I have done it now for 2004 and 2005. I am looking to try and be an ML for 2006. (I must be crazy!)

How did you do in 02? Was it anyhting like you imagined going into it?

The 2004 effort, ‘Conch’ is being edited now, 2005, ‘Tings’ is up on Ourmedia with as a Creative Commons work. If you like it, please help me spread the word.

Do you think you might try NaNo again in the future?

all the best,

drew


I enjoyed nanowrimo tremendously. My published creative written material is virtually always poetry,
so that writing prose was a fun challenge. I elected to do genre fiction—a science fiction novel—yet I found that my first person narrative could have been taken from my weblog, if the person who wrote my weblog were only a bit more eccentric than I am.

I got through the 50,000 words in 10 days. The sheer excitement of it got me writing a lot more poetry again, which resulted in some publications.

But I have not yet kept my promise to myself to DIY the book print-on-demand. Yet, someday, I will.

I love the idea of CC’ing it, as you have done.

Best, Bob
zotz
.
permalink   Fri, Feb 3, 2006 @ 9:33 PM
Quote:

I enjoyed nanowrimo tremendously. My published creative written material is virtually always poetry,
so that writing prose was a fun challenge. I elected to do genre fiction—a science fiction novel—yet I found that my first person narrative could have been taken from my weblog, if the person who wrote my weblog were only a bit more eccentric than I am.

I got through the 50,000 words in 10 days. The sheer excitement of it got me writing a lot more poetry again, which resulted in some publications.

But I have not yet kept my promise to myself to DIY the book print-on-demand. Yet, someday, I will.

I love the idea of CC’ing it, as you have done.

Best, Bob


50,000 words in 10 days! man, i should be so lucky as to be able to type that fast. (or is it just be that organized?)

i shoot for 2,000 words a day and in 2005, i tried for 4,000 words a day on weekends.

if you are interested, you can see the daily blow by blow word counts here.

If I can figure out how to use lyx properly and turn ap a decent novel template, I will put ‘Tings’ on lulu.com as a POD book. If you have these skills or know anyone who does, I would be interested.

I hear you on the eccentric. If you look at ‘Tings’ you will soon see that it is fairly far out there in some respects.

I am glad to hear that trying nano got you writing again.

Each year, I have wanted to go on with my daily writing after nano, even at a reduced rate, but somehow, each year so far, that has totally fallen apart.

all the best,

drew