Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » No links on YouTube

No links on YouTube

Martijn de Boer (NiGiD)
permalink   Mon, Dec 1, 2014 @ 7:14 AM
Hey all,

Lately I came across a growing number of people using our music in their videos on YouTube, but without providing a direct link to the track on ccMixter. They only mention the song title and the (last) remixer. I always leave a message to kindly ask them to provide a link, but I’m curious: is there any way to make it clearer that a direct link is required?

Best,
Martijn
Martijn de Boer (NiGiD)
permalink   Mon, Dec 1, 2014 @ 7:18 AM
I looked again at the ‘Click here for how to give credit and other conditions.’ on every track:

Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.

I don’t think it’s really clear that a link to the track is required? You have to click ‘appropriate credit’ to find out.

permalink   Snowflake Wed, Dec 3, 2014 @ 8:17 PM
Yes, we’re working on how to streamline and better explain Attribution. This is a site-wide coding fix so will take technical work, but it is a good point. Thanks for your input.

permalink   Snowflake Wed, Dec 3, 2014 @ 8:19 PM
Note, on dig.ccMixter.org, it shows exactly how to Attribute, with the link. http://dig.ccmixter.org/fil...

Dig is where most people outside our community find our music.

permalink   Martijn de Boer (NiGiD) Thu, Dec 4, 2014 @ 7:34 AM
Yes, that is very clear indeed. Thanks for your reply!

permalink   Kara Square Sat, Dec 20, 2014 @ 12:05 PM
To help with this problem and educate folks using our music, we made this video about how to attribute. You could give them a link to it in your YouTube comments-
http://youtu.be/7fw3bog4pGE
crutonic
permalink   Mon, Jan 26, 2015 @ 6:18 PM
I’m trying to provide the embed code given to credit an artist but Youtube won’t let you use ‘brackets’

Is using the link alone acceptable? with the artist name of course…