Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » What Does Twitch TV Count As?

What Does Twitch TV Count As?

Rikev
permalink   Wed, Mar 12, 2014 @ 11:36 AM
I have no subscribe button on Twitch.tv and want to run ccMixter background music on there for some games. Does it count as commercial since I get no money but Twitch have advertising systems in place that run random ads on your channel.

Also, when crediting, can I just link to ccMixter and have the current song scrolling by on a Now Playing bar? Or do I need to keep a record of every track used and add a link for each individual one even if it doesn’t get played in the pool of ccMixter songs? That’d render it an impossible task. :(
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Wed, Mar 19, 2014 @ 10:53 AM
Hi Rikev..Admittedly I am not familiar with the workings of Twtich.tv. If you are creating a channel that includes ccMixter music and there will be ads on that channel, I would err on the side of only using CC BY licensed tracks. As far as Attribution, for Attribution to be complete you should display the song name and link to the actual song page, not just the ccMixter home page. It is my understanding that if you utilize the ccMixter API, you should be able to include a song page link in a straightforward way while the song is playing.