Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Winter Lights, Winter Nights -- Annual Holiday Remix Project

Winter Lights, Winter Nights -- Annual Holiday Remix Project

Snowflake
admin
permalink   Fri, Dec 6, 2013 @ 5:58 PM
Winter Lights, Winter Nights
ccMixter’s Annual Holiday Remix Event

It is with much delight that we announce this year’s ccMixter holiday remix event. This time of year, the nights are longer and graced by the sparkling illumination of lights and candles. There is nothing so magnificent as the Aurora Borealis Northern Lights! And in the southern hemisphere, the days are the longest with the brightest light of the year.

ccMixter has established an annual tradition of hosting remix events focused on winter holiday themes which are in turn curated for release the following year. Past events include Peace of Winter, The Best Time of the Year A and B Sides, and last year’s Gift of Song curation, Season of Gratitude A and B Sides, that was just released. As in the past, tracks from the Winter Lights, Winter Nights event will be curated as an album release next year.

Upload samples and pells on the subjects of winter, northern lights, christmas, winter solstice, new year’s eve, snow, candles, cold, sparkling, peace and joy….you get the picture. ;)

Please feel free to start remixing pells & samples right away! We will accept submissions for this event through through New Year’s Day. (If you’ve submitted something subject related already this season, email admin and we’ll tag it for you!)

Pells, Samples & Remixes for Winter Lights, Winter Nights.

Happy Holidays!
Kara Square
permalink   Mon, Dec 9, 2013 @ 7:11 AM
Exciting project! The songs and stems coming in are already splendid! Fun, fun, fun. I’ve got a couple little songs in the works… gotta come up with some melodies and/or find some samples!

permalink   SackJo22 Mon, Dec 9, 2013 @ 8:19 PM
Hear!Hear! I have a song in the works too — but need to recover from the nasty yuckies first before I can sing… .

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Dec 9, 2013 @ 9:08 PM
I wrote an original yesterday and am working out the kinks. Hope to get it recorded in the next day or so. Feel better Susan - we need your voice! Looking forward to your tracks Kara!

permalink   SackJo22 Thu, Dec 12, 2013 @ 1:41 AM
can’t wait to hear!

permalink   Kara Square Fri, Dec 13, 2013 @ 2:23 PM
Totally looking forward to those yuckies going away…!
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Wed, Dec 18, 2013 @ 8:18 AM
…it’s not looking good. may have to sit this one out — which is a bummer because I would love to be part of the festivities!

permalink   Snowflake Wed, Dec 18, 2013 @ 8:49 AM
oh no!! we can’t have a project without you Susan! maybe you could do something after the break? get well!
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Fri, Dec 27, 2013 @ 3:36 PM
With less than a week left of 2013, what if we all muster up a few New Year’s pells, samples & remixes to finish off this project? :D