Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » Grouped By License

Grouped By License

Pat Chilla The Beat Gorilla
permalink   Mon, Jan 10, 2005 @ 6:10 AM
When I browse uploads or artists, is there a way to search by license? Being an avid sampler, it does me no good to salivate over a wicked breakbeat thats an NC licensed sample. If I could filter only the sample +’s I’d be good.
victor
permalink   Mon, Jan 10, 2005 @ 9:45 AM
absolutely:

http://ccmixter.org/media/tags/sampling_plus
http://ccmixter.org/media/tags/nc_sampling_plus

You can play around with the tags to narrow the saerch if you have a particular type of genre or upload you’re looking for/

Notice that any combintation can be read by a feed reader, that way you can keep track of of the kind of the uploads you want.

VS
permalink   Mon, Jan 10, 2005 @ 8:24 PM
I appreciate the info Victor. It helps me out a lot. Now I wish we could get more traffic to the site. This is the best contest ever. I’m surprised there aren’t more artists. Maybe you need a sponsor like the Guitar Center or something.
victor
permalink   Tue, Jan 11, 2005 @ 7:36 AM
Yep, I hope (assume?) we get a lot more artists but here’s the half of the glass that’s full:

The new artist sign-up for the last few days matches the first few weeks and I don’t think they are here to partake in the witty repartee of these forums (although I wouldn’t blame them ;). As the Feb deadlines get closer and the word of mouth spreads I think you’ll see a lot contest entries come pouring in.

Finally, I don’t want get too heavy but the contest *is* a promotion for the site and the site is part of the larger effort to create a legal sampling Commons for musicians and remixers. I’m extremely encouraged by the number of uploads in the ‘originals’ and ‘samples’ sections because there are really great sampling material in there.
permalink   Tue, Jan 11, 2005 @ 1:14 PM
I definitely understand the reason behind the contest, which by the way, is a great avenue to go down. The future of music is proabably on the verge of changing dramatically in this respect. I’ll definitely be uploading some custom libraries. I’m in the middle of creating them now……if I could just stop remixing for a sec. :)