Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » DIY » help importing midi with lots of controller events into FL?

help importing midi with lots of controller events into FL?

Ran Dumb Dots...... .. .
permalink   Mon, Oct 24, 2005 @ 6:30 PM
Hey - I’m trying to determine whether or not FL Studio is compatible with Digital Ear. I tried contacting the “Digital Ear People”, but I’m not getting through, so I thought I’d see if anyone has had success importing midi in FL that has lots of pitch bend, etc. events. The very top one on the page above (“female.mid”) is the one I tried tonight with no success - it imported the notes but not the pitch bend, so it didn’t sound right. It would be pretty cool for me to get this to work and then use voice to make midi to then control samples, etc…thanks a bunch to anyone who knows how to get this to work….. .. .
victor
permalink   Mon, Oct 24, 2005 @ 7:31 PM
I couldn’t get it work but this has nothing to do with Digital — assumin we’re using it correctly and there aren’t yet another set of hidden features it seems FL MIDI import is brain dead (there are expression and filter controllers in that file that FL is throwing away as well)

this is definitely one for the flstudio.com forums — they are really good at this kind of thing.

VS
Ran Dumb Dots...... .. .
permalink   Tue, Oct 25, 2005 @ 7:59 PM
Thanks for trying - I posted to the FL forum as you suggested - the other option I found that reportedly can do acceptable audio to midi is Melodyne, but it’s pretty expensive…… .. .