Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » QUOTA?

QUOTA?

sLow_starteR
permalink   Tue, May 8, 2012 @ 4:33 AM
“Submit a Remix

You are not authorized to submit this type of file at this time, most likely because you have met the quota for this type of submission.”

I’m kinda confused because I really haven’t submitted all that many remixes compared to many other members, and I comply 100% with listing all the attributions correctly to ccmixter’s samples.

Can somebody please fix this?
thanks, sLow_starteR
sLow_starteR
permalink   Tue, May 8, 2012 @ 1:31 PM
WHOOPS! I guess I goofed or something (nothing new there); my virtual Ub has been doing magically interesting things with my OS recently— LOL! Uploading appears to be okay now, apparently. Sorry for that false alarm posted above! I feel like a ninny. Wait, I am one.
peace
Admiral Bob
permalink   Wed, May 9, 2012 @ 8:54 AM
This will happen from time to time if you do a flurry of uploads. The “quota” if you will, is more of a moving quotient, and not a permanent cap on your activities.

So if you see this message, just try again in the next day or so.

This is in place to prevent abuse, audio spamming, filling the site’s drive space, etc.

permalink   sLow_starteR Wed, May 9, 2012 @ 12:15 PM
Hi Admiral Bob—thanks for your
explanation!
Okay, i’ll just space my uploads mo’better…Great to know! :)

permalink   sLow_starteR Wed, May 9, 2012 @ 6:22 PM
***Someone gave me advice to use vbr’s instead of constant mp3’s so I’ll try that, too!
Doxent Zsigmond
permalink   Mon, Feb 18, 2013 @ 2:28 PM
Looks like now I have that problem too. I can post 1 or 2 remixes a day max now.