Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » ccMixter Charts

ccMixter Charts

musikpirat
permalink   Tue, Jan 31, 2012 @ 9:43 PM
Hi there,

Just started a new project: ccMixter Charts. Therefor I’m using the ccMixter api to get the most recommended songs of the last three months. The result is presented as the last month’s charts.

This month a lot of songs from the Fall 20111 secret mixter are included. :)

Hope you like the idea. It’s not meant as a contest or so, it shall be just another way to show my readers why I love this community. :)
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Tue, Jan 31, 2012 @ 10:11 PM
This is terrific! Thank you so much for all your support for ccMixter and its artists!
Kara Square
permalink   Wed, Feb 1, 2012 @ 2:09 PM
Super-cool, musikpirat! You rock!!!
Clarence Simpson
permalink   Wed, Feb 8, 2012 @ 7:29 AM
Nice! Very cool! It might even be interesting to see this idea extended a little. Maybe top 10 songs with the tag “electronic”, top 10 “acoustic”, etc.?

permalink   musikpirat Wed, Feb 8, 2012 @ 7:38 AM
Sure, why not. But then mixed tags become a kind of a problem. Take this song: electronic, acoustic, hip_hop, experimental. It would rule any of charts. Or I had to pick it manually to of and remove it from the others. Which way would you suggest?

As soon as you go into specific genres, you also start to loose focus a little bit, because less peoples vote for a song. The electro-Top-10 number 10 has just 16 votes… Maybe an extension of the time frame from three to six months can handle this…
musikpirat
permalink   Thu, Mar 1, 2012 @ 9:48 PM
February is pretty much dominated by the secret mixter. It seem that ballads and similar songs have the best chance for many recommendations while rock/electro are not that much liked…

This is not bad in general, but this way a lot of good music does not show up in the charts. :)
vo1k1
permalink   Fri, Mar 2, 2012 @ 6:49 AM
This is really cool. Can you share how you learned to do this? Or point to a good source of info on how to do this? Much thanks.

permalink   musikpirat Fri, Mar 2, 2012 @ 9:35 AM
Right now this is one api-query and a pretty bunch of manual work. :)

The query I use is as my starting point is this one.

permalink   vo1k1 Fri, Mar 2, 2012 @ 10:18 AM
Fantastic, thank you.
musikpirat
permalink   Sun, Apr 1, 2012 @ 12:18 PM
Here we go with march!