Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Can I use the music for my short film?

Can I use the music for my short film?

xomein
permalink   Sat, Jan 7, 2012 @ 5:59 PM
If I making non commercial short film(just for festivals) can I use the music without permission but all credits will be on the film?
If I need permission how can I get it?
Thanks
Abstract Audio
permalink   Sun, Jan 8, 2012 @ 9:12 AM
Yes you can. However it would be polite too ask or mention it to the creator of the music.
Something I allways ask for is a link or a copy of the film just too get a collection

permalink   xomein Sun, Jan 8, 2012 @ 4:29 PM
I’ve sent a message about permission but he didn’t reply me( so if he will not writes me back I can’t use his song?
Thank you so much for help

permalink   Abstract Audio Mon, Jan 9, 2012 @ 1:21 AM
Yes you can.

For further questions or problems yo can visit these sites creative commons or wiki. But feel free to ask anything at any time here at ccM

Just my curiosity but what’s your film about?

permalink   xomein Mon, Jan 9, 2012 @ 7:39 PM
creative commons its really great website.so I can get license from them?
its more music video with a story
Thanks

permalink   SackJo22 Mon, Jan 9, 2012 @ 10:46 PM
You already have permission to use all of the music at ccmixter per the terms of the license, without needing additional permission or licensing, except as noted below. The terms of each license is on the song page (there is place to click for more information on the license on the right side). To comply with the license terms, you must credit the artist, including a link to the song page (wherever possible). If a song is licensed with a cc-by-nc license, you can only use it in a non-commercial setting. However, you may be able to use it in a commercial venture if you get written permission from the producer of the song and all artists who contributed source material to the track as that kind of use is outside the cc-by-nc license.