Branching Out Secret Mixter Sign Ups
skip
Home » Forums » Parts Wanted » Just a question

Just a question

Leonardo B.
permalink   Wed, May 4, 2011 @ 10:37 AM
Where, can I bring my own piece for a remix?
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Wed, May 4, 2011 @ 11:13 AM
You can upload musical samples by visiting the ”submit files” link and selecting ”submit samples.” If you are submitted a multi-part piece for remixing, please upload each part separetly (you can include all the parts as a .zip file with the same upload).

If you want to upload an a capella for remixing, visit “submit files” and select ”submit a capella....
Admiral Bob
permalink   Thu, May 5, 2011 @ 6:44 AM
You can’t remix yourself. Remixes are always and only a re-interpretation of someone else’s work.

permalink   Abstract Audio Thu, May 5, 2011 @ 7:48 AM
So how did project question managed to include his own pella to a remix he did??

permalink   Clarence Simpson Thu, May 5, 2011 @ 9:03 AM
Hmm… I’d like to know that too.

To me, it seems like the rule should be that you cannot submit a remix that uses ONLY your own uploads as source. As an example, let’s say I produce a backing track and then look for a pella on ccM to mix with. I’m not happy with any of the pellas I find, so I just upload the backing track as a sample. The next day, someone uploads a pella that I think would be a perfect fit for my backing track. But now, I can’t “legally” do that remix because I can’t reference my own source.

Do we really want this kind of situation to be illegal? It’s come up for me when I used my Auld Lang Syne track as a small part of the backing track for A Better Way, and I couldn’t reference myself then.

And I know it was done to try to prevent abuse of the system, but I feel like changing the restriction as I mentioned above still prevents abuse while also allowing what I feel are legitimate remixes.

permalink   Abstract Audio Thu, May 5, 2011 @ 2:28 PM
Indeed as long as you also include other peoples uploads it should be posible to refer to yourself.

But in the example you gave you can always at that pell to your backingtrack or re-upload the two as remix??