Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Sample pool??

Sample pool??

Abstract Audio
permalink   Tue, Nov 9, 2010 @ 1:49 PM
Found an notification on a trackback in my email wich lead me to a samplepool. Over ther I found a link to tunetracks where I was happely surprised to find 1 song and 2 remixes of my songs.

But this leaves me with a few questions.
1 What are samplepools? I’ve tried to find some info and proberbly didn’t look good couse I couldn’t find any.
2 What’s the normal use/reason of a samplepool? I would expect a pool of samples wich are there but in the beatnik there are only songs.
3 Is there a way to see how many plays and downloads are made both on tunetracks and ccmixter?
4 Maybe it’s a new way of spelling but I think there’s something wrong in this sentence.
“If you would like to submit a track for consideration, license muic from TuneTrack, or work with our artists, contact us via the form below.”
5 If I’ve understand it correct I can submit a tracks of myself? I’ve been thinking about a place outside ccM to post my songs, would this be a good place and if so why??
6 Commercial usage. not that I expect my songs being commercial used, but how does it work if they are?

Sorry for the big load of questions
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Tue, Nov 9, 2010 @ 3:42 PM
hey abstract audio. thanks so much for asking. in addition to being the label part of artistechmedia, tunetrack.net is a place to explore ways to display CC content in a listener friendly way — (run by those of us that run ccMixter). it is early in its development.

i’m not sure why the trackback is showing as a samplepool instead of just a listing on the website. we will investigate that. it doesn’t seem like the right way to trackback, so we may need to change that.

the songs we’ve curated for the Secret Mixter on tunetrack use the ccMixter API. ccMixter’s tracks have also been featured in playlists on the FMA and Soundcloud.

thanks for noticing the spelling error! the site is young :)

the tracks in the playlist aren’t considered commercial use (no one is making money from them), but rather, featured. they are streamed for free (using ccMixter’s APIs) and downloads must take place on your artist page (see the Credits link). we are very sensitive about this and your feedback is important.

permalink   Abstract Audio Tue, Nov 9, 2010 @ 4:04 PM
First of all it’s a beatifull site and I love the way how you made the playlist work on the site.

So the commercial part is about the albums on tunetracks and in case of featured tracks being used the cc-license rules will apply?

How about the download & play numbers is there anyway of finding out about them, or will that ever be a feature here? I’ve been a short time on looperman and one of the cool features there was seeing how many plays and downloads a song had. In the end that’s one of the reasons people (well at least me) upload songs?

permalink   Snowflake Tue, Nov 9, 2010 @ 4:10 PM
thank you. michael gregoire of blocsonic and go1dfish designed the site. go1dfish used the ccM API created by fourstones to enable the playlist embedding with images.

yes, the commercial part is just for a handful of albums on tunetrack. to be honest, we’re still very early in development.

we’ve had some discussions about playcount in the past. http://ccmixter.org/thread/... will need to connect with fourstones on this.

permalink   Snowflake Tue, Nov 9, 2010 @ 4:24 PM
i removed the trackbacks for now because they shouldn’t display as samples, but rather, a feature on a website. looking into it.

permalink   Snowflake Wed, Nov 10, 2010 @ 10:54 AM
so, i was terribly rushed yesterday and removed the trackbacks thinking something was wrong, and it wasn’t. silly me. i think the way trackbacks are titled may have caused the confusion here.
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Wed, Nov 10, 2010 @ 7:50 AM
Hi Abstract Audio-

TuneTrack posted a playlist featuring songs from ccMixter yesterday. When it went live, it went live with the appropriate “trackbacks.” Trackbacks are an extension of attribution, allowing listeners to report they heard a mix being used somewhere on the net. When a trackback is reported, a member of the ccMixter admin team verifies to the best of their ability that the ‘trackback’ is authentic. When this is verifed they approve the trackback and it then appears in the “samples are used in” section of the mix’s attribution tree.

It’s easy to confuse “samples are used in” with “sample pools.”

ccMixter Featured Sample Pools are here.

Currently, there is no way to see how many times a mix was downloaded or streamed. I believe this is intended to keep the focus on a flat sharing community, rather than on stats and charts.

I hope this helps.

If you’re looking for licensing opportunities for your music, and/or a place to feature your mixes in a album format or Listening Lounge, then TuneTrack is the place for you.

How does this work? Last year’s Peace of Winter is a great place to start.

Check out the TuneTrack-LP
Read the forum post

permalink   Abstract Audio Wed, Nov 10, 2010 @ 5:37 PM
Quote: spinningmerkabaIf you’re looking for licensing opportunities for your music, and/or a place to feature your mixes in a album format or Listening Lounge, then TuneTrack is the place for you.

Ok cool will look into that. And if I want to feature a track/remix or album I have to mail a link of the content to Contact ArtisTech Media?

Thanks again
Will be joining tunetracks as a member soon
Abstract Audio
permalink   Wed, Nov 10, 2010 @ 5:12 PM
Thanks for taking the time in your busy schedule to anwser all my questions. I think the technical stuff is clear to me now, I guess I just end up on the wrong page.

Have been reading tunetrack today, it’s become an impressive site. How is it going so far, getting enough members and attention?.
Didn’t realize till today that digg/ccmixter/tunetrack are all part of the same big plan. And in this tunetrack is the financial supplyer keeping CC&Digg in the air?

While reading I found 1 link that doesn’t work, on the about page the link to artistech is missing an e. Another thing I noticed was a missing album picture and link in the awake playlist, instead there’s red x wich links to this page.

I’ve spend my my

permalink   Snowflake Wed, Nov 10, 2010 @ 10:09 PM
QA is always welcome! Thank you for your feedback. We fixed the first error you note, but have been unable to locate the second one. Feel free to drop me an email so we can find it!

ATM’s vision, inspired by Victor, (ATM is snowflake, spinningmerkaba, go1dfish, fourstones and k_loco) is to create community sites in layers: 1) ccMixter.org - for musicians and collaborative community (always free); 2) dig.ccMixter.org - for other creators (film & video makers, podcasters, etc.); 3)TuneTrack.net for listeners. TuneTrack.net is still young in its development, but the goal is it will help fund ccM, and also the musicians whose content is available there.

Do you have any full albums available by chance?

permalink   Abstract Audio Thu, Nov 11, 2010 @ 7:20 AM
Go to this page and play a song ther you’ll find the missing link. X marks the spot!

I will be working on that album!