Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » stream and download buttons

stream and download buttons

creativelycommon
permalink   Thu, Sep 1, 2005 @ 8:32 AM
my browser reloads the button images for ‘stream’ and other similar buttons on every mouseover. is this, uh, intentional? :D
victor
permalink   Thu, Sep 1, 2005 @ 8:51 AM
what platform and browser are you on?
MarcoRaaphorst
permalink   Fri, Sep 2, 2005 @ 5:44 AM
when I click on the download-button nothing happens. firefox 1.06
teru
permalink   Fri, Sep 2, 2005 @ 9:14 AM
I’m on I.E. and can’t download from the button. I can download MPU files from the stream button no problem but they don’t import directly into Audacity or FL.

Message =
Internet Explorer cannot download from void(0);.
No such interface supported
victor
permalink   Fri, Sep 2, 2005 @ 8:31 PM
ok I think this problem is only on the ‘review’ page, on the rest of the site it shouldn’t be a problem.

I’m on the road (three day) this weekend but I’ll see if I can’t hack in a fix. If not, I’ll make sure it’s done after that.

Let me know if my theory is that the rest of the site is ok…

VS
victor
permalink   Thu, Sep 8, 2005 @ 11:15 AM
This should officially be fixed.

VS
teru
permalink   Thu, Sep 8, 2005 @ 3:26 PM
Sorry Victor. I’m still unable to “download”. I get the same message as before.

Another weird thing just happened too. I tried to “stream” DU’s new mix(vinyl pant’s mix, Oh I need to hear this one) but I get this message, “Windows Media Player cannot play the file. One or more codecs required to play the file could not be found.” First time this has happened.
victor
permalink   Thu, Sep 8, 2005 @ 4:06 PM
Quote: Sorry Victor. I’m still unable to “download”. I get the same message as before.

What version IE are you using? On what platform?

Quote: Another weird thing just happened too. I tried to “stream” DU’s new mix(vinyl pant’s mix, Oh I need to hear this one) but I get this message, “Windows Media Player cannot play the file. One or more codecs required to play the file could not be found.” First time this has happened.

MP doesn’t play OGG files by default. Complain to DU to upload more formats.

VS
teru
permalink   Thu, Sep 8, 2005 @ 4:30 PM
What version IE are you using? On what platform?

IE 6.0. w/ XP Home SP2.

MP doesn’t play OGG files by default. Complain to DU to upload more formats

OGG? DU we want to be able to stream too. You’re only limiting the potential listener. And you need to be heard! : )
victor
permalink   Thu, Sep 8, 2005 @ 5:15 PM
Quote: OGG? DU we want to be able to stream too. You’re only limiting the potential listener. And you need to be heard! : )

(just ftr: WMP is the only player I know that do not handle ogg — but yes, that alone makes it an audience limiting way to upload)
MarcoRaaphorst
permalink   Sun, Sep 11, 2005 @ 11:52 PM
for Windows I recommend Foobar200 for music playback. fast, simple and not foking with da volume levels like in other players!
disharmonic
permalink   Thu, Oct 27, 2005 @ 6:52 AM
Same with my Firefox 1.07. Running Gentoo GNU/Linux.

Error in JS:

cc_show_dl_box is not defined
rejon
permalink   Tue, Dec 13, 2005 @ 8:57 AM
Quote: Same with my Firefox 1.07. Running Gentoo GNU/Linux.

Error in JS:

cc_show_dl_box is not defined

Strange…I don’t think this is a gentoo issue. I use gentoo and do not get this problem.