Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Parts Wanted » Would anyone like to try this out?

Would anyone like to try this out?

frog1999
permalink   Sat, Aug 7, 2010 @ 8:42 AM
Hello People

Many years ago I was a member of a part-time band and we recorded a CD. The songs are a little outdated nowadays but I was wondering if it’s possible that anyone would be interested in perhaps doing a remix of one (or more) of the songs using more modern techniques. I don’t really have any “prizes” or “rewards” to give for anyone who is interested, apart from the satisfaction of having done it.

If you want to have a listen to what the songs sound like, head over to http://www.diddyweb.com/fro... and listen to any of the songs under the album title “That’s a Good Question”. I have wave files of the original master tracks in 48Khz, 24-bit format taken directly from the master tapes so can provide the original recordings without a problem.

If anyone is interested, drop me a line and I’ll give you the direct download link.

Thanks in advance.

David
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Sat, Aug 7, 2010 @ 10:40 AM
Hi David-

Welcome to ccMixter! From your post it sounds like your ready to jump into the ‘pond’ of creative commons licensed remixing. I hope you have as much fun as I do sharing and collaborating with musicians from all over the world.

The community here is very responsive and always looking for good stems and pellas to work with. Now that you’ve set up your account, I suggest you upload at least one pella and/or a stem (imho-pellas seem to get more attention) and let the community know here in this post when you do…then wait and see.

Sharing your music with the world under creative commons license opens up limitless possibilities. I hope you have a great time making music and connecting with other musicians here at ccMixter.

Best,
Jason

permalink   frog1999 Sat, Aug 7, 2010 @ 10:46 PM
Quote: spinningmerkaba

The community here is very responsive and always looking for good stems and pellas to work with. Now that you’ve set up your account, I suggest you upload at least one pella and/or a stem (imho-pellas seem to get more attention) and let the community know here in this post when you do…then wait and see.

OK, so I’ve just uploaded the files from one of the songs to the Samples section. Look for a song titled I Can’t Tell.

I’m looking forward to hearing any results people might be able to produce. Quite exciting really! :-)

Thanks people.

David

permalink   frog1999 Tue, Aug 10, 2010 @ 3:34 AM
Well I uploaded a song for consideration. Now how do I promote the fact that it’s available?

Just asking, like?

David

permalink   SackJo22 Tue, Aug 10, 2010 @ 7:27 AM
Welcome to ccM David! You have done the right thing by posting in the forums. ccMixter is an active community. Another thing you might consider is uploading the vocals to your song separately as an acapella.

You will find more people will check out your work if you are active by reviewing, recommending and remixing the work of others. Also, like any community, there are times when there is more activity and there are times where there is less activity on the site so be patient. Have fun exploring the site and getting to know its artists!

permalink   frog1999 Wed, Aug 11, 2010 @ 2:43 AM
Quote: SackJo22Welcome to ccM David! You have done the right thing by posting in the forums. ccMixter is an active community. Another thing you might consider is uploading the vocals to your song separately as an acapella.

You will find more people will check out your work if you are active by reviewing, recommending and remixing the work of others. Also, like any community, there are times when there is more activity and there are times where there is less activity on the site so be patient. Have fun exploring the site and getting to know its artists!

OK, I uploaded some acapella tracks for a different song… didn’t want to repeat the same one…

Not sure if I’ve got the talent, imagination and/or skills to do any remixes, but I’ll certainly try to get involved doing stuff like reviews and recommending.

Thanks for your suggestion.

David