Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Features » Unsampled option for samples

Unsampled option for samples

PorchCat
permalink   Wed, Nov 11, 2009 @ 12:33 PM
It would be really rocking if there was an “unsampled” option for browsing samples, like there is for ‘pellas. Would the functionality used for acappellas be portable to the sample side of the pool? Any chance that the system could use the flag to add an “unsampled” tag and remove it once the source is sampled on both ‘pellas and samples? I personally try to use unused samples in my mixes. Though I have pretty good luck finding awesome bits to use that have been neglected/are yet unused, a feature like this would be utterly invaluable to me.

*meow*
Admiral Bob
permalink   Tue, Dec 1, 2009 @ 5:28 AM
That would be awesome. I put up what I consider good source sometimes and watch it sit for months unused.

I inevitably take it down because it is just wasting disk space, and this is stuff I figure would get used if it more easily turned up as unique and untouched.

I put up a piece called Daylight that a heavy and thick Les Paul guitar, which I did especially for CC, since I found most guitar pieces posted here are bright and crunchy, or bright and clean.

It kind of just sat there, and I took it down. It might have been used if somebody wanted to build a song that sounded different due to having different source.

permalink   victor Tue, Dec 1, 2009 @ 9:31 AM
omg - please don’t ever remove something from this site just because it hasn’t been used in a certain time frame. please.

permalink   spinningmerkaba Tue, Dec 1, 2009 @ 2:58 PM
I’ve done the exact same thing admiral, It seems Phat guitar samples are not in high demand—oh well. Someday maybe someone will find them! Someone like Porchcat! I’m leaving mine up.
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Tue, Dec 1, 2009 @ 2:55 PM
This is a great idea Porchcat! I would use this feature for sure. It’s fun to be the first to discover a hidden gem and this be a good tool for finding them!