Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » DracoSoftware: Oh yeah, I use CC Mixter!

DracoSoftware: Oh yeah, I use CC Mixter!

dracolytch
permalink   Wed, Mar 25, 2009 @ 9:57 PM
Hey guys & gals…

Ok, so here’s the deal. I’m a software developer, and I like to make experimental games in my free time, with my 1-man show company, DracoSoftware.com.

I used a couple of Attribution license songs in my game, Artisan. The artists are in the credits. It was a big help to be able to get some good songs in there, without having to go through a lot of expensive/difficult legal wrangling.

I’m working on my next couple of games, I am not really expecting any of them to be a commercial hit… Right now I’m just developing the business model to get the games to pay for their development.

Anyway… I wanted to just let folks know there are guys like me out there. I’m looking for music (often instrumental), that I can use in my games. Hopefully it’ll bring some exposure to you artists.

Once I’ve had some success, I’ll hopefully have the money & means to commercially license songs & pay artists, but for now, I’m seriously bootstrapping this thing.

So keep creating folks! And if there’s a tune that you think might be good for a game, just let me know, and I’ll try to check it out.

~D
gurdonark
permalink   Sun, Apr 26, 2009 @ 9:39 AM
Great to hear you’re out there creating games, and using CC in your soundtracks.