Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » The Midnight Freedom Show

The Midnight Freedom Show

zotz
permalink   Wed, Dec 3, 2008 @ 4:47 AM
Well, I am working on a new project now that NaNoWriMo is done, November was some month.

1. Plan is to play one BY-SA or BY or similar licensed song at midnight on Y98 every day.
2. At the same time, a link to download the song will be published on the Y98 web site.
3. Prefer songs in our genre but close may pass at the start.

The link will also have artist info, links to artist web sites, etc. Whatever I can find to make it more interesting.

Still looking for a possibly better name for the show.

Looking for help finding radio ready songs that fit our plans.

More later, early input apreciated. I am already making lists of what I find on kompoz, jamendo, and ccmixter. Suggestions welcome.

Y98 is a broadcast radio station in the Bahamas.

all the best,

drew
John Pazdan
permalink   Wed, Dec 3, 2008 @ 6:48 AM
So at first I was thinkin..cool..a new thing along the line of Fahnky Nassau..but Z..I went to the site and there’s some teenagers from 1978 or something and a song by Nickelback..not that there’s anything wrong with all that..(i can’t believe I just said that) but..could you explain the Midnight Freedom concept a bit for me.

permalink   zotz Wed, Dec 3, 2008 @ 6:55 AM
Quote: John PazdanSo at first I was thinkin..cool..a new thing along the line of Fahnky Nassau..but Z..I went to the site and there’s some teenagers from 1978 or something and a song by Nickelback..not that there’s anything wrong with all that..(i can’t believe I just said that) but..could you explain the Midnight Freedom concept a bit for me.

Well, it is vague right now.

Y98 is the closest thing we have to a rock station here in the Bahamas. I am not the music man for any of our stations including that one.

I think I want to find and help promote people using BY-SA and BY on rock and nearby genre songs.

I am getting (seems like it at least) to choose one song a day to play as the first song after midnight. I am going to try and develop it onto a little show and have a related area of the web site to enhance the onair bit.

I want to try and develop it as we go along.

(Is any of this making any sense?)

all the best,

drew

permalink   John Pazdan Wed, Dec 3, 2008 @ 7:25 AM
thanks drew..I think I get it..btw, is the dr Dicks dub shack still going on in the Bahamas?

permalink   zotz Wed, Dec 3, 2008 @ 8:09 AM
Quote: John Pazdanthanks drew..I think I get it..btw, is the dr Dicks dub shack still going on in the Bahamas?

No probs. I have no idea re the dub shack. You have any more details you want to give for me to try and run down some info for you?

drew