Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Do You prefer loops or whole audio files?

Do You prefer loops or whole audio files?

claredowling
permalink   Thu, Oct 9, 2008 @ 11:36 AM
Hi guys, I’m new here and am just about to upload some audio files to cc mixter and was wondering if people prefer using loops or whole audio files? I record everything in one take and don’t use loops. Is this a problem, would people prefer that when I mix the audio files down I chop them into loops? Just wondering cos I’m new to this! The track I’m working on has a minimum of 4 vocal parts, 2 acoustic guitar parts and a bass. I use Cubase sx and Reason, I will also save these files and upload them. Any help much appreciated,
Clare :-)
spinmeister
permalink   Thu, Oct 9, 2008 @ 12:22 PM
I’m assuming by “whole audio file” you mean individual tracks (vocal and/or instrumental tracks).

My personal preference is to work with tracks as a starting point rather than loops.

I’m looking forward to your uploads!

/spin
MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Thu, Oct 9, 2008 @ 12:22 PM
Hi Clare. Keep in mind there is a file size limit to uploads (10mb i think) so full length WAVs are pretty much out, but full length mp3s are probably ok. If you are uploading multiple full length tracks, it’s also good to offer it as a zip or compressed format (one click downloads are always preferred).

personally, i prefer loops but beggers can’t be choosers. it’s all good. also bpm tags are your friend and songs recorded to a click with no bpm tag make the baby jesus cry.
claredowling
permalink   Thu, Oct 9, 2008 @ 12:34 PM
Thanks guys that’s great! Yep, I’ll mix the wav files down to MP3 and zip ‘em. I record to a click and the BPM to this track is 107, started everything at zero (generally with a 2 bar count in) thanks again for your advice,
Clare :-)