Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » No Fear!!

No Fear!!

radiotimes
permalink   Wed, Oct 8, 2008 @ 8:03 PM
I just thought I’d say a big thank you to Brad Sucks. As a relatively unheard of artist to be brave enough to put his new work out for remixing is wonderful. The amount of good mixes that have come from his work goes to show the mans talent and the empathy he can create in remixers.

Most new acts would be hyper protective of what they do especially when he has posted the samples in a forum where people are creating some top notch work.

It is the big fear of even major artists that someone will take there work improve on it and by doing so highlight the original artists failings. Not that this is the case but I have spoken to quite a few recording acts who are young and on the face of it supporters of the CC concept yet at the very mention of putting their work out for remixing just look back in horror as if I’m not real!!

Recently Mariah Carey held a competition to remix one of her latest offerings and the response was unbelievable! I don’t think she has suffered financially or artistically (even though I think my mix was much better than her original!!:o). Unfortunately the judges didn’t agree with me!)) but the PR is priceless.

So once again well done Brad for being at the vanguard of this developing scene and let’s hope more top acts follow the example of MC.