Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Question about capacity of uploads

Question about capacity of uploads

xlmusicman
permalink   Tue, Sep 30, 2008 @ 11:31 AM
When i try to upload a remix to my page i get the message “You are not authorized to submit this type of file at this time, most likely because you have met the quota for this type of submission” Am i onle allowed only 10mb in total for all my stuff?
teru
permalink   Tue, Sep 30, 2008 @ 12:28 PM
Quote: phildannAm i onle allowed only 10mb in total for all my stuff?

No 10MB is the file size limit.

What are you trying to upload? Format? Size? Sample or remix?

permalink   xlmusicman Tue, Sep 30, 2008 @ 1:01 PM
hi I’ve loaded 4 remixes but when I go to the upload remix tab it gives me the message

permalink   xlmusicman Tue, Sep 30, 2008 @ 1:03 PM
Thats even before I get through to the detailing of whose samples I’ve used etc

permalink   victor Tue, Sep 30, 2008 @ 1:19 PM
I know this one: you hit the “spam upload” limit. Every now and then we get hit (hard) by folks trying to upload an entire album (usually a bootleg) and so we have to tighten the upload reigns for a while. I’ve loosened things up a bit so you should be able to upload another one. If not feel free to enjoy the reviews of your tracks, listen and some review some others, make some playlists and at some point you should be over the quota hump (which is based on number of uploads over time).

If it you’re still having problems just let us know.

VS

permalink   manuelbatista Wed, Oct 1, 2008 @ 2:40 AM
hi it still seems to giving me the same message

permalink   xlmusicman Wed, Oct 1, 2008 @ 3:10 AM
hi even though I know the file I wish to upload is less than 10mb, I still get the message at the bottom of the “submit a remix ” panel

Cheers

permalink   victor Wed, Oct 1, 2008 @ 5:37 AM
when I said leaving reviews I meant for people other than yourself.

permalink   dangerous_objects Thu, Oct 2, 2008 @ 4:49 AM
Quote: fourstonesI know this one: you hit the “spam upload” limit. Every now and then we get hit (hard) by folks trying to upload an entire album (usually a bootleg)

I hit that when uploading 5 tracks at once a little while ago ;) In hindsight maybe I should have posted them as I finished each one, since they got pushed of the front page all at once…

Wait a day and upload some more.

permalink   victor Thu, Oct 2, 2008 @ 7:56 AM
yea, it’s always better to pace the uploads, gives people time to ‘absorb’ each and you reach a much, much larger audience for your uploads (the vast majority of people come a few times a week, not a few times a day and they are, statistically, much more likely to review each one.)

phildann, you should be cleared by now - if not, I’ll make sure it’s opened up.

VS

permalink   s.c.mixer Thu, Oct 2, 2008 @ 6:28 PM
Strictly speaking about remixes (i.e. not taking samples/acappellas into account) I always felt that uploading two or more in a row (*) is like spamming, when there are so many remixers here that want to get listened to.

As you said (based on site stats I suppose) most members come here a few times a week and probably won’t listen to all the remixes uploaded since the last time they checked.

In my subjective opinion, a policy of “at most one remix a day” (or maybe every other day?) would help to slow down the remix uploading rush and people (specially newcomers) will hopefully take more time in checking out other remixers material.

Just a personal thought.