Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » Thank You Mixters

Thank You Mixters

essesq
permalink   Mon, Aug 25, 2008 @ 12:18 AM
I just wanted to post a word of general thanks to this community for all the attention that my spoken word pieces have received. It is true that until you watch your own work transform in the hands of a mixter you haven’t really lived this site.

I started posting the spoken word stuff as a way to contribute while I was coping with frustration over making the next leap in my skills as a musician and remixer. It was a complete lark and really I expected not much to come of it. Needless to say I am completely overwhelmed with all the remixes that have been done so far.

I hadn’t even realized all the possibilities for spoken word stuff here. Of course it all gets even more interesting when your spoken words get sung (thank you Anchor).

So thank you: one and all; past, present, and future; musician, collage-maker, and sound designer. Your work continues to inspire me and to create a vision for me of the artist I am yet to become.

[I’m not sure if this belongs in this thread, but I’m sure VS the happy wanderer will let me know at some point if it needs moving.]