Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » DIY » New, have a question

New, have a question

starvingWizard
permalink   Fri, Aug 8, 2008 @ 10:14 PM
Ok, so first let me say I appreciate who ever takes the time to help me out here a bit :)

So I’m attempting to make my first remix/mashup (I know they are different things, but at this stage I’m no where near being able to actually make one) I’m using A Capella of Stuntin Like my daddy by Birdman & Lil Wayne. I’m using FL, but I’ve been having one hell of a time trying to get the beat to sync. After an hour or so of pounding my head into the wall, and digging through forums I’ve managed to get the beat to sync BUT here is the issue:

If your breaking each Measure into 32 I have to make it hit once every 6th note, the issue is that 6 does not divide into 32, so I have to make a new pattern every time. I’m sure there is a smarter, more efficient way to do this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
DJ_Saku
permalink   Sat, Aug 9, 2008 @ 4:35 PM
I have never used FL before so I do not know of that programs limitations. But, that being said, when you create the beats, you need to create it with the same Beats Per Minute (BPM) as the sample you are using, unless you time stretch the sample to fit your application, but that would either speed up or slow down the sample, not making it sound right.

Since that is a Hip Hop track, it would be in the range of 76-92 BPM, to give you some idea of where to start.