Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » DIY » Need some help with Ardour and ZynAddSubFX

Need some help with Ardour and ZynAddSubFX

DJ_Saku
permalink   Thu, Jul 17, 2008 @ 12:16 PM
I am working on this project, I have 4 different voices in ZynAddSubFX. All four play perfectly in Seq24, unfortunately, when I record it in Ardour, they are recorded on the same track. There does not seem to be a way to separate each voice when recording them in Ardour. Maybe I am missing something here, but I do not see any option to record each voice as their own track. Is there any way to accomplish this?
zotz
permalink   Sun, Aug 17, 2008 @ 10:18 AM
Quote: DJ_SakuI am working on this project, I have 4 different voices in ZynAddSubFX. All four play perfectly in Seq24, unfortunately, when I record it in Ardour, they are recorded on the same track. There does not seem to be a way to separate each voice when recording them in Ardour. Maybe I am missing something here, but I do not see any option to record each voice as their own track. Is there any way to accomplish this?

Run multiple instance of zyn, connect the output of each instance to a different ardour track.

I don’t know if this is the only or best way as I have never done this before, but I just tried it for you and got it to work.

One thing to be careful of, when hooking up things in qjackctl, the zyn instances were jumping around and confusing my attempts to hook things up right, I had to pay very close attention to get things right but it was possible.

all the best,

drew

permalink   DJ_Saku Sun, Aug 17, 2008 @ 2:38 PM
Thanks. What I ended up doing was, I just muted the loops in seq24 and recorded each one separately. takes longer, but oh well.