Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Parts Wanted » Please join the Middle C Sample Pack Collaboration Project

Please join the Middle C Sample Pack Collaboration Project

gurdonark
permalink   Sun, May 4, 2008 @ 10:33 AM
Hi—

I suggest a different kind of collaboration. I am always hunting for samples of instruments to use for my synth/sampler. I find that many samples don’t work for me because they are loaded with fx, artificial vibrato, or other distractions.

I’m interested in building a sample pack for people like me who use instrumental samples for sampling/synth purposes. I want to assemble a large group of different instrumental samples using the following rules:

A. Each sample is one note, middle C.

B. Each sample sustains that note as long as possible, ideally 3 to 7 seconds.

C. Each sample is as dry as possible, no fx.

D. The sample may be acoustic, electric or electronic, but should not use a pre-set or sound copyrighted in someone else.

E. The title of the sample should be “[name of instrument]by{name of contributor].wave”.

F. All samples are to be wave files (.wav).

G. All samples will be licensed BY to the world—with credit to the
collaboration group. There will be no NC. If someone can use your 4 second ukelele to write the Oscar-winning song, then more power to them.

I’m going to set up the project. If you’d like to play, then I’d love to send you an invitation. In my ideal world, we’d get tons of middle C samples.

If this works, we’ll have a sample pack with a few dozen different sounds and instruments, raw and ready for use.

Post a message here or drop me a line, and we’ll get you invited to the project!
shimoda
permalink   Sun, May 4, 2008 @ 10:39 AM
I’m game, I’ll offer up what I have, and as far as electronic goes, we’ll talk. Only a few things to sample here, but a few is more than none.