Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » Collaborate?

Collaborate?

The.Spirit.Of.Light
permalink   Mon, Mar 31, 2008 @ 12:23 AM
I thought the “Collaborate” project feature was made to publish announcements as calls for other creative people in order to join and to achieve the supposed collaborative project.

But instead, it requires “membership” confirmation prior to be listed on the main collaboration page.

What if i’m alone at the beginning and i want to publish a call to other artists to join the collaboration project that i initiated?

it’s the what i thought this “collaborate” feature was made for.

As i don’t know which cc member would be interested in it, i didnt dare to sollicitate member invitation.

so, i had to deport my “collaborate” project as a regular DYI forum thread where is a lesser audience.

or , maybe i got something wrong?
teru
permalink   Mon, Mar 31, 2008 @ 1:54 AM
Quote: -= The Spirit Of Light =-“What if i’m alone at the beginning and i want to publish a call to other artists to join the collaboration project that i initiated?”

That’s how most of the collaborations were started. I believe what you are describing is the process most people follow.

“i had to deport my “collaborate” project as a regular DYI forum thread where is a lesser audience.”

I think the forum has a larger audience. In other words I think you are more likely to find collaborators here.

The 3 ways of finding collaborators on this site that I have noticed are:

1. This forum.
2. Direct email contact.
3. Discussion within the comments(reviews) of a track.

There is no special club or anything. But it pays to build up a bit of site cred so people know what to expect. : )
victor
permalink   Mon, Mar 31, 2008 @ 11:32 AM
teru’s right, the forums get WAY more traffic than the collabs page.

But I hear your concerns. The reason we don’t list collabs without confirmed members is because people began to abuse the system, clogging it up with “collaborations” with people they’ve never even contacted (like Fort Minor and DJ Vadim).

Maybe the solution is a simple as setting up a section of the forums devoted to just requests for collabs?

VS

permalink   slumberlords Thu, Apr 17, 2008 @ 3:05 PM
Quote: fourstonesteru’s right, the forums get WAY more traffic than the collabs page.

But I hear your concerns. The reason we don’t list collabs without confirmed members is because people began to abuse the system, clogging it up with “collaborations” with people they’ve never even contacted (like Fort Minor and DJ Vadim).

Maybe the solution is a simple as setting up a section of the forums devoted to just requests for collabs?

VS

I think this is a sterling idea…