Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » DIY » A call to all singers for a slow blues track record

A call to all singers for a slow blues track record

The.Spirit.Of.Light
permalink   Mon, Mar 31, 2008 @ 12:14 AM
I’m looking to have someone to (nicely) sing a classic slow-blues in C, E or F or anything else suitable for you.

I will write, compose and record a decent blues live-like backing track with great guitar solos, hammond organ… etc

The blues vocal should be based following these influences:
-Albert King, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Led Zepplin, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton.. etc or anything of your own or what feels inspiring.

tempo: between 60-75 bpm

This may sound very challenging or almost impossible to do? Here is a tip: there are many blues song midifiles you can use as backing track reference for practicing and recording your singing.

if you need any advice or help, contact me and i will assist you.

Use your powerful voice to put as much of feeling as you can in it; with variations and improvisations.

Thanks in advance, and im looking forward to hearing your blues singings.

regards;
The Spirit.
spinmeister
permalink   Mon, Mar 31, 2008 @ 10:39 AM
Quote: -= The Spirit Of Light =-The blues vocal should be based following these influences:
-Albert King, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Led Zepplin, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton

don’t forget, we have many stellar female vocalists here also, so maybe you want to expand your list :-)
BluezGeek
permalink   Tue, Apr 15, 2008 @ 2:27 PM
Hey Spirit,

I have about 2900 fans on YouTube. All I do is sing to a track these days. I have a gritty voice that folks seem to like. You can hear me do Roll Over Beethoven at http://youtube.com/watch?v=... I would certainly like to find some great blues tracks to sing with and, in turn, promote the composer. Let me know if interested.

permalink   The.Spirit.Of.Light Tue, Apr 15, 2008 @ 3:59 PM
sounds interesting..

can you try to sing over this karaoke ?

http://www.youtube.com/watc...
zotz
permalink   Wed, Jul 9, 2008 @ 7:16 AM
If lyrics are needed for this project, I may be able to supply some.

drew