Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » Copyright violations

Copyright violations

remaxim
permalink   Thu, Mar 13, 2008 @ 11:51 AM
Hi,

may I ask how you handle copyright violations? I think I ve found one ya rap

This pella is by st1m and a russian rap star called Seryoga, but this guy didn’t even mention that Seryoga is raping as well. And he also didn’t write anything about authorization to use this song or even answered my concerns about it.

This song can be listened to in the original version: http://youtube.com/watch?v=...

I think it’s very antisocial to upload not authorized pellas, as people put lots of work to remix them and it has to be deleted afterwards.

I don’t have any evidence that it’s illegal, but there are no hints that it can be legal in any way. Btw. sorry, that I posted it in this forum… I didn’t know which one to choose.

have a nice day,
remaxim
DJ Rkod
permalink   Thu, Mar 13, 2008 @ 1:01 PM
Yeah, there’s a tiny little flag button in the upper right hand corner or every upload screen. You should really use it rather than take this public.

permalink   remaxim Thu, Mar 13, 2008 @ 1:38 PM
Thanks for the hint… as I already told I don’t had any idea how copyright violations are handled in here. Thanks a lot… I saw that flag already sometimes, but never thought of what it is good for.

I think that it’s quite bad that stuff like this happens. There had been plenty remixes of that song. Are those going to be deleted as well?

permalink   DJ Rkod Thu, Mar 13, 2008 @ 2:09 PM
Depends. It may be that Login Name has gotten permission to put up the acapella, in which case neither the original file or the remixes will get deleted. If it is in fact illegal then yes, the vocal and all remixes will be deleted or at least hidden.