Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » can't upload a zip file

can't upload a zip file

kismet
permalink   Thu, May 10, 2007 @ 8:29 AM
I uploaded our track TV ON on ccMixter.

I want to upload all the original studio tracks as well.
I compressed all 31 tracks to a reasonable file size and put ‘m all in separate folders.

I then zipped them using Winzip 11.1 and made 10mb files of them.
Which looks something like this:

tvon.zip (340KB)
tvon.z01 (10,240KB)
tvon.z02 (10,240KB)
tvon.z03 (10,240KB)
tvon.z04 (10,240KB)

When I try uploading the first zip file by clicking ‘Manage Files’ I get this error:

There was error in the file format
Unknown format
Unknown pseudo-format

Any ideas on this one?

thanks.
victor
permalink   Thu, May 10, 2007 @ 12:06 PM
We use a 3rd party library to parse uploads to protect against bad/virus type files. I’m not sure they support ZIPs broken into volumes so I’ve forwarded the question to them; I’ll let you know as soon as they respond.

In the meantime if you split the volumes ‘manually’ it should work just fine. (sorry about that)

VS

permalink   kismet Thu, May 10, 2007 @ 12:09 PM
allright. thanks.

separate zip files did the trick.
victor
permalink   Fri, May 11, 2007 @ 6:16 PM
I see you’ve gone the ‘manual’ route and I appreciate it — the samples are a great addition to the site.

Meanwhile according to the programmers there are no known issues here (until now perhaps) so it falls into the ‘more research is needed’ bucket.

However, no matter what the issue with the library might be there’s another one lurking when you use the ‘volume’ feature: They depend on a naming scheme (the z0x extension format) that conflicts with how we rename the ZIP on uploads. So that one falls into the ‘more code is needed’ bucket.

I wish the news was better because I think it would be a great way to share large libraries of samples; for now however we’re back to voluming the old fashioned way: addition.

Again, thanks for the samples and raising the issue.

VS